Equipment Lease Agreement
Equipment Lease Agreement
This Equipment Lease Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made and entered upon receipt of tablet by and between Local Touch Media Ltd. a registered Corporation in the Province of British Columbia, Canada (“Lessor”) and subscriber of Online Ordering – Basic ii, Online Ordering – Basic iv, Online Ordering – Pro ii or Online Ordering – Pro iv from http://localtouchmedia.ca (“Lessee”) (collectively referred to as
The Parties agree as follows:
1. EQUIPMENT: Lessor hereby leases to Lessee the following equipment: A tablet suitable for use with the Local Touch Media Ltd. Online Ordering system to receive orders, print or send orders and accept or reject orders produced from the Lessee's website or Facebook page (the “Equipment”).
2. LEASE TERM: The lease will start upon receipt of first payment for equipment lease (begin date)
and will continue month to month. (Lease Term).
3. LEASE PAYMENTS: Lessee agrees to pay to Lessor as rent for the Equipment the
amount of $20.00 United States Dollars, included in packaged pricing,(“Rent”) each month in advance on the day as the first payment day of each month via the payment subscription service provided.
4. LATE CHARGES: If any amount under this Agreement is more than five (5) days
late, Lessee agrees to pay a late fee of $10.00 United States Dollars.
5. DELIVERY: Lessee shall not be responsible for all expenses and costs: i) at the beginning of the Lease Term, of shipping the Equipment to Lessee’s premises and ii) at the end of the Lease Term, of shipping the Equipment back to Lessor’s premises.
6. DEFAULTS: If Lessee fails to perform or fulfill any obligation under this Agreement, Lessee shall be in default of this Agreement. Subject to any statute, ordinance or law to the contrary, Lessee shall have seven (7) days from the date of notice of default by Lessor to cure the default. In the event Lessee does not cure a default, Lessor may at Lessor’s option (a) cure such default and the cost of such action may be added to Lessee’s financial obligations under this Agreement; or (b) declare Lessee in default of the Agreement. If Lessee shall become insolvent, cease to do business as a going concern or if a petition has been filed by or against Lessee under the Bankruptcy Act or similar federal, provincial or state statute, Lessor may immediately declare Lessee in default of this Agreement. In the event of default, Lessor may, as permitted by law, re-take possession of the Equipment. Lessor may, at its option, hold Lessee liable for any difference between the Rent that would have been payable under this Agreement during the balance of the unexpired term and any rent paid by any successive lessee if the
Equipment is re-let minus the cost and expenses of such reletting. In the event Lessor is unable to re-let the Equipment during any remaining term of this Agreement, after default by Lessee, Lessor may at its option hold Lessee liable for the balance of the unpaid rent under this Agreement if this Agreement had continued in force.
7. POSSESSION AND SURRENDER OF EQUIPMENT: Lessee shall be entitled to possession of the Equipment on the first day of the Lease Term. At the expiration of the Lease Term, Lessee shall surrender the Equipment to Lessor by delivering the Equipment to Lessor or Lessor’s agent in good condition and working order, ordinary wear and tear excepted, as it was at the commencement of the Agreement.
8. USE OF EQUIPMENT: Lessee shall only use the Equipment in a careful and proper manner and will comply with all laws, rules, ordinances, statutes and orders regarding the use, maintenance of storage of the Equipment.
9. CONDITION OF EQUIPMENT AND REPAIR: Lessee or Lessee’s agent has inspected the Equipment and acknowledges that the Equipment is in good and acceptable condition.
10. MAINTENANCE, DAMAGE AND LOSS: Lessee will, at Lessee's sole expense, keep and maintain the Equipment clean and in good working order and repair during the Lease Term. In the event the Equipment is lost or damaged beyond repair, Lessee shall pay to Lessor the replacement cost of the Equipment; in addition, the obligations of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect through the Lease Term.
11. INSURANCE: Lessee shall be responsible to maintain insurance on the Equipment with losses payable to Lessor against fire, theft, collision, and other such risks as are appropriate and specified by Lessor. Upon request by Lessor, Lessee shall provide proof of such insurance.
12. ENCUMBRANCES, TAXES AND OTHER LAWS: Lessee shall keep the Equipment free and clear of any liens or other encumbrances, and shall not permit any act where Lessor’s title or rights may be negatively affected. Lessee shall be responsible for complying with and conforming to all laws and regulations relating to the possession, use or maintenance of the Equipment. Furthermore, Lessee shall promptly pay all taxes, fees, licenses and governmental charges, together with any penalties or interest thereon, relating to the possession, use or maintenance of the Equipment.
13. LESSORS REPRESENTATIONS: Lessor represents and warrants that he/she has the right to lease the Equipment as provided in this Agreement and that Lessee shall be entitled to quietly hold and possess the Equipment, and Lessor will not interfere with that right as long as Lessee pays the Rent in a timely manner and performs all other obligations under this Agreement.
14. OWNERSHIP: The Equipment is and shall remain the exclusive property of Lessor.
15. SEVERABILITY: If any part or parts of this Agreement shall be held unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, and if limiting such provision would make the provision valid, then such provision shall be deemed to be construed as so limited.
16. ASSIGNMENT: Neither this Agreement nor Lessee’s rights hereunder are assignable except with Lessor’s prior, written consent.
17. BINDING EFFECT: The covenants and conditions contained in the Agreement shall apply to and bind the Parties and the heirs, legal representatives, successors and permitted assigns of the Parties.
18. GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in
accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada.
19. NOTICE: Any notice required or otherwise given pursuant to this Agreement shall be in writing and mailed certified return receipt requested, postage prepaid, or delivered by overnight delivery service to:
#18 – 2395 Pleasant Valley Rd.
Lessee: The address provided during the initial payment of this Equipment lease.
Either party may change such addresses from time to time by providing notice as set
20. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement. There are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may be modified in writing and must be signed by both Lessor and Lessee.
21. CUMULATIVE RIGHTS: Lessor’s and Lessee’s rights under this Agreement are cumulative, and shall not be construed as exclusive of each other unless otherwise required by law.
22. WAIVER: The failure of either party to enforce any provisions of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver or limitation of that party's right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement. The acceptance of rent by Lessor does not waive Lessor’s right to enforce any provisions of this Agreement.
24. INDEMNIFICATION: Except for damages, claims or losses due to Lessor’s acts or negligence, Lessee, to the extent permitted by law, will indemnify and hold Lessor and Lessor’s property, free and harmless from any liability for losses, claims, injury to or death of any person, including Lessee, or for damage to property arising from Lessee using and possessing the Equipment or from the acts or omissions of any person or persons, including Lessee, using or possessing the Equipment with Lessee’s express or implied consent.
25. ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS None.